Friday, December 31, 2010

Jason's Awards and Stats for 2010 In Pictures

Although we decided to do our Top 5 overall posts, I also decided to do some other awards and even some statistical analysis on the 365 posts for the year.

Top 5 Best Titles (in chronological order):
  1. Spending the evening with a model
  2. A Little Bit Knotty (Meghan's love of puns makes her laugh at this every single time)
  3. Dazed and Contused
  4. How Now Bejeweled Cow
  5. 2 Jasons and Some Babies

Best Write-Up:
Chad Wears His Sunglasses at Night(12/3/10)


Top 5 Best Photography (in chronological order):
  1. Happy New Year (1/1/10): This picture looks like someone took it of us, but somehow we were able to take this ourselves with an unseen extended arm.
  2. Fuse (6/29/10): It took me a few tries to be able to show something that small in the foreground and still have me in focus in the background.
  3. Mountain Biking (8/10/10): My coworker took this and did a great job of creating the scene.
  4. The Sweet Smell of Freedom (9/29/10): Meghan was able to get down to the ground and get a close-up of Alex as he plots his next move. This reminds me of a wildlife photo.
  5. Daddy's Home (11/3/10): This is a great picture with a lot of emotion in it.

Top 5 Coolest Visuals (in chronological order):
  1. Some call it laziness, I call it efficiency (5/10/10): I love the lighting effects from the chandelier.
  2. Independence Day (7/4/10): I got lucky and happened to capture a firework at just the right moment.
  3. Going to the Vet (9/16/10): Meghan took this photo at an angle, and that combined with the almost 3-D effect of the depth difference between Natalie and Terrence makes for a good photo.
  4. Birthday Girl (9/28/10): I really like the effect of the fire in this one.
  5. Fall is Falling (10/3/10): The late morning sun creates awesome color effects in this photo.

Most Unnatural Pose:
Do They Always Come in Threes?" (2/5/10): I thought I would pose like I was in the middle of shredding something. Instead I look like I'm posing for a cheesy magazine ad for a shredder. Poor performance by me.


Least Recognizable Person:
Who is the guy in my 7/20/10 post? Does that even look like me?


Most Unlikely Blog Happening:
Because we were not able to bring the children back from Colombia with us, we had to remove all photos from the blog which included them. This left a lot of empty spaces where photos once were, which resulted in an oddly appropriate feeling of loss at the time.


Biggest Blog Coincidence:
For the post on 4/16/10, I decided to call it "Fuel" since that was the name of the place where Nick and I went. The next day, the post was about replacing the fuel (propane) for our grill, and I almost called that post the same name until I realized I had just done that the previous day. Two completely different subjects, same potential blog post name.


Shortest Post:
New Car (1/2/10)


Longest Post:
Adventures in Beauty Products (4/22/10)


And now for the nerdiest of stats:

Posts by Jason: 211
Posts by Meghan: 154

People (and pets) and how many days they appeared in the blog (minimum 2):
Jason233
Meghan136
Joshua50
Natalie39
Terrence20
Christine12
Peg11
Joanna10
Alex10
Barb8
Ron8
Julie7
Jason H.7
Callie 6
Jason K.6
Nathan6
Jim5
Andrew4
Vincent4
Drew4
Michelle3
Matt3
Abby3
Nick3
AJ3
Jeremy3
John3
Brent2
David2
Chad2
Steve D.2
Kevin2
Derek2
Trevor2
Phil2
Tony2
Tricia2

Yes, I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment