Monday, September 13, 2010

KC Sports Day

Arrowhead Stadium was renovated this past year, and the NFL rewarded the effort by giving one of the opening Monday Night Football games to the Chiefs.  There was also a Royals home game on the same day, so many people took advantage of it and made a KC sports doubleheader out of it, including Jeff, Jason, Tony, and me. 

At the Royals game during the day, I achieved one of my minor life goals of catching a ball at a Major League game.  Wilson Betemit fouled one down the left-field line, and I snagged it.  I was very excited. 

The Chiefs game was awesome, as the atmosphere was electric.  The Chiefs even upset the visiting Chargers.  There was a driving rainstorm during the game which caused Tony to have to wipe off his red facepaint, leaving him looking like he had a massive sunburn.  It was a really fun and very memorable day.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on catching a ball. Glad you had such a terrific, memorable day.

    ReplyDelete