Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sew Nice



Today I started a new sewing project for the first time in ages. I am making an apron. I finished the top today and hopefully will finish the bottom tomorrow or Tuesday. Even though I got my new sewing machine for Christmas, I hadn't used it yet because it seemed complicated and it was easier just to keep using my old one. I was set to do the same today, except I realized I gave my old one away.

So I was forced to learn it, which did take awhile because it's like a computer in some ways and has so many options, but I just learned enough to do basic sewing so it wasn't so bad. It is soooooo nice compared to my old one. Every project was frustrating with that thing and this makes everything so easy. It's just great. It has an automatic needle threader and winding the bobbin is so easy. I was totally excited once I got it going and I know there are a lot of great features I don't know how to do yet that I will use in the future for more complicated projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment