Monday, July 26, 2010

Tofu and Eggplant

I am overall an adventurous cook, but I am not big on tofu. Although I enjoy it at restaurants, they either use different tofu or cook it differently because every time I try to make it, it seems soggy, not crisp, and I have tried multiple types of tofu and multiple ways to prepare it. So normally I steer clear of it, but when I saw a recipe for an Asian stew that involved tofu and eggplant (one of my favorite vegetables), I decided to try it. I think Jason and I both thought that ordering pizza was a very real backup plan for tonight. However, it ended up being pretty good. I did end up mincing the tofu into teeny tiny pieces so as not to be very noticeable. And I might use a different protein next time (like maybe serve it over quinoa instead of rice. 1 cup of quinoa has 8 grams of protein.), but overall it was pretty darn good and certainly better than we expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment