Sunday, January 17, 2010

He Has A Protractor And Isn't Afraid to Use It

I bought this really terrible looking cabinet off of Craig's List because it was cheap with the idea that I would paint it and use it as a toy cabinet. Well I thought it could really use some crown moulding at the top. The problem is we have no miter saw and don't want to buy one. So Jason is working on manually creating the right angles. We aren't sure if it will work out, but we are only shooting for mediocrity so we are hopeful. Jason has great spatial perception that I am totally impressed with.

2 comments:

  1. Wish we were there - I'm sure your dad has a mitre saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that would be great. We'd love for you and Mark to be here. Unfortunately, I had to abandon the crown molding plan, as it required too much precision to be done well with the tools and skills that I have. We're looking into other options. The problem is we don't want to spend the money to buy new furniture, but we don't have the skills or time to refinish the existing furniture. I did learn a few things while working on this project though, so we got something out of it.

    ReplyDelete