Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Windstorm

There have been strong storms across the country over the past couple days.  I was in Milwaukee today, and the storm there had no rain or clouds but instead was purely wind.  But it wasn't just a normal windy day.  I've never experienced wind that strong in my entire life.  At times I couldn't even walk forward, and I saw a woman walking down a sidewalk who then literally get blown sideways across the street by a gust as she barely kept from falling over as she was pushed to her left by the wind.  I later read that there were gusts up to 61 MPH which seems about right based on how it felt.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you yesterday as I watched the news. I wondered if you made your meetings. We had unusual weather too - 87 for a high but no wind or storms here. Glad to hear you are doing well - just windblown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day before yesterday I was in Dayton, OH, and during a customer meeting there was a tornado warning, so we all had to go to the tornado shelter. So I narrowly avoided that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest picture ever. I am still laughing my ass off.

    ReplyDelete